Odisha finance minister Niranjan Pujari mentioned the state has grown at a median of 8.1 per cent for the previous eight years whereas presenting the funds. Odisha is likely one of the few states with surplus income of ₹26,739 crore accounting for 3.1 per cent of the GSDP. The state has deliberate to generate Rs 1,05,500 crore from the state’s personal tax and non-tax income totalling 46 per cent of the overall funds expenditure and remainder of the 54 per cent comes from the Centre as grants, share of tax income and central schemes.
Odisha chief minister Naveen Patnaik has been specializing in agriculture, healthcare and industrial development by working a number of state authorities schemes. Within the funds, the allocation for every sector has been elevated. The best allocation of ₹24,829 crore has been made for piped water connection to households.
There was a 21 per cent improve within the agriculture funds. To make sure well timed cost to paddy farmers throughout procurement season the federal government has introduced a revolving fund of ₹2,000 crore. The state has simply hosted the Males’s Hockey World Cup occasion and the federal government has indicated to spend extra in creating sports activities infrastructure. An quantity of Rs 1,217 crore has been allotted for sports activities marking a 34 % improve. There’s a 27 per cent improve within the well being funds and 10 per cent improve within the training funds. A brand new scholarship scheme for meritorious college students during which 10,000 undergraduate college students will get Rs 10,000 per 12 months. Aside from that 200 college students will probably be chosen without cost teaching for civil companies examination and the state authorities will present them with lodging and meals together with training.